Published: March 18, 2021
“Open to All—We believe we are all equal in God’s eyes and all are one in Christ. We extend hospitality and encourage full participation for all regardless of any perceived defining characteristic.”
— From the Asbury First Values, as described in our Dreamscape
During this season of COVID-19, we are faced with many challenges as we live out our mission, vision, and values as a congregation. As we carefully begin welcoming people back to campus, we will:
- Have numerous hand sanitizing stations throughout our campus.
- Ensure that all surfaces are cleaned and wiped down between group gatherings.
- Schedule adequate time between on-campus events to reduce or eliminate overlap
- Abide by all of the regulations and recommendations as put out by the CDC and NYS in regards to the use of our campus.
In order to help us honor our commitment to remain Open to All, we are asking everyone that comes to our campus to commit to the following:
- Only come to campus for pre-arranged gatherings and events.
- Go directly to and from your designated meeting space.
- Use the available hand sanitizer station immediately upon entering the building.
- Wear a face-mask at all times (including children over the age of 2).
- Maintain social distancing of at least six feet.
- Limit restroom use to designated facilities.
Similarly, we ask that you love your neighbor by refraining from coming to campus if:
- You are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Muscle or Body Aches
- Sore Throat
- Shortness of Breath or Difficulty Breathing
- Congestion or Runny Nose
- Nausea, Vomiting, or Diarrhea
- Loss of Taste or Smell
- Increased Temperature
- You or a member of your household has had close contact with a confirmed or suspected COVID-19 case in the past 14 days.
- You or a member of your household have received a positive COVID-19 test in the past 14 days.
- You have traveled internationally or to one of the restricted states as designated by the State of New York in the past 14 days (https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/covid-19-travel-advisory).
If you are willing to join us in this covenant each time you visit Asbury First United Methodist Church, please sign the form by clicking here.
Each adult must digitally sign a form — one adult per form; children who will be on campus may be added to their parent's/guardian's form using the "Add Another Name" link. Additional adults must sign a separate form.