POSITION TITLE: Social Work and Outreach Coordinator
Asbury First United Methodist Church (www.asburyfirst.org), a large, vibrant, outreach-oriented, progressive, mainline church located in the heart of Rochester, NY, is seeking a full-time Social Work and Outreach Coordinator.
GENERAL ROLE and RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Social Work and Outreach Coordinator is responsible for (1) developing and overseeing a social work ministry that seeks to meet the needs of the guests of Asbury First’s outreach programs and (2) providing operational support for Asbury First’s outreach ministry teams, particularly around volunteer recruitment and coordination.
Social Work Ministry
- Develop, implement, and oversee a social work ministry that provides person-centered care, basic case management, and referrals as necessary
- Manage interns from local higher education social work programs
- Build and deepen partnerships with other local agencies and organizations to help better connect our guests to available community resources and services
- Act as initial point of contact for visitors and guests inquiring about services
- Oversee the financial assistance ministry (Pastor’s Discretionary Fund) of Asbury First
- Develop and maintain effective communication with guests, volunteers, church members and related support groups
Other Outreach Ministries
- Recruit and coordinate volunteers for the outreach ministries of Asbury First. Participate in the development of guidelines, policies, procedures, and trainings for volunteers and interns.
- Work with the Minister for Outreach and the Outreach ministry teams to prepare the annual budget and monitor budget throughout the year.
- Participate in the preparing of reports, annual grant updates, and analyses of the Center’s activities.
- Collect data to inform decisions about outreach program offerings and grant applications.
- Participate in periodic continuing education offerings
- Other tasks as needed.
- Licensed social worker
- Spanish speaking preferred
- Commitment to and comfort with working in a faith-based, mission-driven outreach setting, regardless of personal faith.
- Understanding of the difference between charity and justice
- Comprehension of and passion for Asbury First UMC’s mission to serve and empower community members who are restricted and challenged by poverty and other diverse and complicated circumstances.
- Experience with supervising BSW/MSW students and providing administrative and programmatic oversight is preferable.
- Training/experience in trauma-informed care, person-centered counseling and harm-reduction.
- Extensive knowledge of the Rochester Social Services network and other community resources.
- Ability to take initiative, establish rapport and develop supportive, empowering relationships with clients, colleagues, and community partners.
- Strong psychosocial assessment and case management experience and skill.
- Clear commitment to upholding confidentiality and HIPPA standards in client centered care.
- Data entry skills and experience with Microsoft Office (word, Excel, etc.) and client centered documentation formats.
Please email resume and qualifications to email@example.com.