POSITION TITLE: Social Worker
The Social Worker is responsible for developing and overseeing a social work ministry that seeks to meet the needs of the guests of Asbury First’s outreach programs.
GENERAL ROLE and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, implement, and oversee a social work ministry that provides person-centered care, basic case management, and referrals as necessary
- Build and deepen partnerships with other local agencies and organizations to help better connect our guests to available community resources and services
- Act as initial point of contact for visitors and guests inquiring about services
- Oversee the financial assistance ministry of Asbury First UMC
- Develop and maintain effective communication with guests, volunteers, church members and related support groups
- Manage interns from local higher education social work programs
- Maintain records and collect data to inform decisions about outreach program offerings and to assist with grant applications
- Participate in the preparing of reports, annual grant updates, and analyses of the Center’s activities
- Participate in periodic continuing education offerings
- Other tasks as needed
- Licensed social worker
- Spanish speaking preferred
- Commitment to and comfort with working in a faith-based, mission-driven outreach setting, regardless of personal faith
- Understanding of the difference between charity and justice
- Comprehension of and passion for Asbury First UMC’s mission to serve and empower community members who are restricted and challenged by poverty and other diverse and complicated circumstances
- Experience with supervising BSW/MSW students and providing administrative and programmatic oversight is preferable.
- Training/experience in trauma-informed care, person-centered counseling and harm-reduction
Please email resume and qualifications to email@example.com.